Its been a crazy busy few weeks for us but in a crazy good way! On June 24 we got word from our agency that our dossier (basically all of our paperwork for our adoption aka DCT) was sent off to China!! On July 1st everything was received by China and we were considered LID (Logged Into Database)!! These are HUGE steps we've been waiting on and oh so blessed to be at this point!
While waiting we have been trying to learn more about China. We were at the grocery store last week and found these awesome little treats. Who knew Kroger had a Chinese food section with chocolate treats!
When we began our adoption I never realized how hard the waiting part would actually be. I thought it would be similar to being pregnant but its not. I think a lot about our little man and how he's doing, what he's eating, how he's sleeping, is he too warm or too cold at night. All these things I didn't think about when I was pregnant with Addi and Colton because I knew they were safe and warm in my tummy. This is the hard part, the not knowing, not knowing ANYTHING about how he spends his days or nights! But this is where our faith comes in, I HAVE to rely on God and KNOW in my heart that He is protecting our little guy long before we can. When he is sleeping, I picture God holding his sweet little hand for me and I picture the angels beside his crib protecting him. I hold onto this image daily and try to draw strength from it. One things for sure, our relationship with Christ and complete and utter dependence upon Him has never been stronger. And for that I'm thankful!
So while we wait, we try and go on with our normal lives. I'm blessed to have a 4 and a 2 year old to keep me busy! Here is a picture from the 4th of July, while we were waiting on the fireworks:
Now that we are LID, we think that we will be traveling sometime between November and January to bring him home!! We are praying for the sooner the better, but again, we are trusting in Gods perfect timing for all things!
We have been blessed to be approved to have an Adopt Together account. Its a wonderful online organization that provides a way for people who want to donate and help our little man to come home, to do so safely and also all donation are tax deductible! Check it out: https://www.adopttogether.org/thewhitacres
Pray Requests: Please be praying for the continued protection of our little man, the processing of all our paperwork, and that we receive a grant or 2!!
No comments:
Post a Comment