Click Here To Donate

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Following His Lead

We created this blog so our family and friends are able to come along side us as we begin this new journey in our lives. Please be praying for us!!

We consider ourselves your pretty typical normal family. We have a devoted dad named Jon a loving mom named Jessi and two crazy fun kiddos. I say that we felt like your typical normal family because that's the type of live we lived, until Christ took our lives and said "Trust Me." Jon works a full time job and I stay home with our two kiddos. We were living our "typically normal lives" until one day Christ placed it in our hearts to grow our family through adoption. When we first talked about adopting a little one, we were both very open to welcoming a little one into our home with open arms and kisses. But then reality hit and we were like where do we start and how in the world are we going to come up with $30,000! But we decided to Trust Him and know that if He was placing adoption on our hearts, then $30,000 and tons of paperwork and processing was not going to stand in our way of doing the Lords work.

After we decided to jump into adoption with our arms and hearts wide open, we took the first step and told our friends and family. I am certain that the Lord has a since of humor because, unbeknownst to us we "announced our adoption" on Orphan Sunday and we had no clue that November was National Adoption Awareness Month. Oh I love how the Lord works sometimes. Two people who really don't know much about adoption, announce that they are adopting on Orphan Sunday and the start to National Adoption Awareness Month!!

When we first began we prayed about where to start, and once we began searching we learned so much about the world of adoption and orphans!! The more researching we did the more our hearts grew for these children without families! After spending a lot of time in prayer and seeking Him, we decided that we wanted to adopt a little boy. One friend told us that 70% of children that are adopted are girls and only 30% are boys. After we heard this we both felt lead to adopting a little boy. Then we began by applying to an agency. We learned on Friday that we were accepted into Lifelines International Adoption Program. And we are going to pursue a little boy in China. We feel lead to China because they have a huge need for families willing to adopt little ones with medical special needs. Jon and I decided that if we have a loving home and the Lords fire in our hearts to adopt, lets adopt a little one may be looked over because he is considered "Special Needs!"

The next step in our journey is to complete a home study. We are currently in the process of raising enough funds to pay for this part of our adoption. And its so awesome to watch God work in your life when you say yes to Him. Now I'm not saying this is going to be easy, but I am saying that when you say yes to the plans He has for you then He is going to guide you and be right there beside you every step of the way. I am so thankful that I put my trust and faith in Him and not of this world, because it is so easy to be discouraged by the things and stresses of this world. But when I have time to actually think about what He is doing in our lives, I become overwhelmed with the thought that our little boy is out there in China somewhere just waiting for us to come get him and we are now doing everything in our power to go rescue him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment