Click Here To Donate

Monday, January 27, 2014

Love Like A Child

We have some big news!! Last week we sent our LOI or Letter of Intent to adopt a specific little boy that we have all fallen in love with!! Our agency said that we should hear something back from China in about a week, however the Chinese New Year is coming up and they will be closing down for a week. We are praying they are really quick and we hear something before the CNY. If not, that is okay too, I know that this is all Gods timing and not mine, so I am trusting in Him and that is comforting during the waiting process! Please be praying for our LOI!!! 

We also have our 1st of 3 homestudy visits coming up on Sunday afternoon! I am very excited to meet our social worker and get this ball rolling! God is putting a lot of things in place for us right now, and I am blown away by Him each day! I've learned that when you say yes to what He is placing on your heart, He doesn't joke around when it comes to getting things done for His purpose!!

Since we submitted our LOI we decided it was a good time to tell Addi about our adoption. At first she was upset because in her words, "I want Jesus to give us a baby sister, not a brother!" But after showing her his pictures and videos she was very excited to be having another brother, and she prays and talks about him everyday! Today we were working on the number 5 and we were coloring this picture.
When she finished she said, the five goats are like our family, (as she is pointing to each goat) here is me, you, Colton, Dada, and _____. Her love for her new brother is inspiring to me. She loves this little boy as much as Jon and I do and we have never met him, but we know in our hearts that he is already apart of our family. She is already planning where he will sit in the van or at the table when we eat dinner. I am so excited to be sharing this with her and I love watching her heart grow not only for Christ but for orphans!

No comments:

Post a Comment