Update: We have 1 more home study visit next week with our social worker and then we move onto our dossier. Each little step we complete gets us one step closer to our little boy!!
Jon and I have been working on Parenting Homework, as required training for our home study, as we are working we have been reflecting on our adoption journey. God has moved big time in order to get our adoption going and I wanted to share another way He started working on this adoption long before we ever did!
Anyone that knows us, knows that we have made some big changes in our lives over the past two year. It all started a little over two years ago when Jon decided that he wanted to lose weight to set a better example for our family. Over the course of a year Jon lost 100 pounds!!! Through hard work and a commitment to complete a Sprint Triathlon, he was able to achieve his goal. And we were all so proud of him!!
While Jon was getting healthy I was pregnant with Colton, and getting bigger by the day! So about a year after we had Colton I was inspired by Jon to begin my own weight loss journey. After a year of watching what I ate and training for a Women's Triathlon I lost 50 pounds! I am still in the process of getting healthier, but I am so much better than I was a year ago!!
Today we are both working hard each day to eat better and live healthier lives. We set out to get healthier not for ourselves but for our family. We wanted to set good examples for both Addi and Colton! And still today, when I am having a hard day keeping focused, my kiddos are what keeps me going! I think they are the best motivators!!
Jon used an app called My Fitness Pal on his phone to track his daily calories. One night he went back through his history and we found that he started tracking his calories 2 WEEKS before our little boy in China was born!!! Talk about GOD's timing!! We were in shock when we realized this. I am in awe each day by our wonderful God. He set this adoption in motion long before we ever did. The most amazing part is that China has a BMI requirement in order to adopt from their country, and if we did not start losing weight and getting healthier, we never could have considered China as an option.
This whole time we have said that we were getting healthy for our family, but little did we know that the past two years we were also getting healthy for a very special little boy waiting for us in China!!
Isn't it wonderful to look back and see how GOD was in this whole process preparing you long before you thought about it. What a peace it is to know that God knows what we need now to prepare us for what will happen in the future. Praying for you and your family!!
ReplyDelete