Update: Our home study is complete and has been reviewed by our placing agency and has been APPROVED!! So excited and ready to move onto the next step....the dossier! Please be praying for us as we continue to move along in the process.
Jon and I have been doing a lot of reflecting about how God has been preparing us for our adoption. One way that I cannot stop thinking about is how God has been preparing me and my heart, through my sister in law Megan. 15 years ago when I met Jon, I was also blessed to meet his family and little sister Megan! God has used Megan to change my life. Since I was a little girl, I always wanted to be a teacher, but after I met Megan I knew I wanted to be a Special Education Teacher!
Megan is a one of a kind person. The kind of person that you don't meet everyday. She has so much genuine love for others and an undeniable heart of gold that its hard to know her and not be inspired to strive and be more like her. Like I said before after meeting Megan, I knew in my heart that I wanted to be a Special Education Teacher!
So that's what I did, I went to college and got my degree as an Intervention Specialist. Before I became a Stay At Home Mom, I taught for 5 years. I can honestly say that I loved my job, and I loved working with my students and their families. Up until now I always thought God put Megan in my path to help me realize that I wanted to be a Special Ed. Teacher.
If it were not for Megan I would have never had the strength and confidence to say yes to our little boy, and know whole heartedly that it was the right decision. Over the years she has taught me so much about the type of person that I want to be. Megan lives life to the fullest and doesn't waste time being negative or unkind to anyone. She loves everyone she meets and is an example to others. I am so thankful for her and that she is the Aunt to my children. She is our Aunt Maeme (as Colton calls her)!
No comments:
Post a Comment