Click Here To Donate

Monday, August 29, 2016

Adoption Labor Pains

I know I haven't blogged in a while, I think my last one was actually in China while we were bringing Pacey home! I didn't think I would blog through this adoption due to the high demands of having 3 kiddos and being in the process of bringing another one home,  and fundraising, but as I was doing the dishes this afternoon I felt that I needed to write this down so I wouldn't forget it later, anyone who knows me knows how easily I forget things!

I've decided that if anyone wants to adopt they should be ready to battle for that child every. single. day. until that child is placed into your arms. Be ready to battle Satan day in and day out for that child and the things he throws at you. A few years ago (okay maybe more then a few years) while I was doing my student teaching my mentor teacher told me at the end of a rough day that you can choose to cry or laugh during hard times but to always choose joy, even if its through tears. And this has always stuck with me. 

So this weekend we had a big 2 day craft fair that we were doing on Friday and Saturday and on Friday morning I noticed that our freezer was not working and things were melting!! I did what I usually do in situations like this and call Jon and tell him fix it because I have no clue what is wrong, so he said I'll look at it when I get home. By the time we left for the craft fair the frig side was also getting warm. I decided there was nothing I could do about it now and went on my way to the craft fair and wouldn't you know it as I'm driving to the craft fair I hit a pot hole (okay more like a crater) and as I pull up to the craft fair, I can hear that I'm dragging something!! As I go to park a huge chunk of the bottom of my van falls out and what do I do, stop, pick it up and throw it in the back of my van and continue on my way!! I have no idea what fell off my van, I just prayed that when we went to start it that night after the craft fair, that it would start again! And it did!! When we got home from the craft fair, I find a very frustrated husband who just says the frig is dead!! Did I mention that on the 2nd day of the outdoor craft fair, we had an awful thunderstorm that started off with high winds. As I'm sitting under our tent with my mom, sister and nephew, all buckled down and holding onto a side of the tent for what was probably 45 minutes so it wouldn't blow away, I went back to my choose to cry or choose to laugh, and just laughed it off and I knew God would protect us, as He always does. After the storm about half of the craft vendors packed up and left, but I was determined to stay, even if I only sold 1 brownie that was 50 cents more that would go to Elsie!! In the end we can choose to get mad and upset when things don't go our way, or we can choose joy and know that God will work it all out and we might not know how or why He does something but it will always work out in a way to glorify Him!

Seriously with all we have been through this summer, well these last 7 months since we started our adoption, now all Jon and I can do is cling tighter to the mighty God that we know is always with us. We have been through unexplained weird illnesses, unexpected surgeries, sick children, the passing of both of our beloved dogs Titus and Moses within a month of each other, being told that we need to replace our entire roof and siding due to wind damage, getting a call about a month ago on a Friday night to from the Director of our agency to tell us that our daughter has been sick for some time now and now has some new medical needs that we need to prepare ourselves for, and an entire host other fun things I'm sure I'm forgetting about. A lot of these "fun things" have brought me to my knee's on many days wondering if we are even strong enough or able to make it through all this.

 But this morning as I stand in my kitchen watching the repair man try to fix our frig, I realized that our God is so much bigger then all of this. He is so much bigger then any diagnosis, broken household item, or illness, or really anything that Satan tries to throw at us. If we have Christ as our foundation, the rest is all just things that we have to get through like the high winds, we just need to buckle down and know it will all end soon, because in the end when we get to hold our sweet Elsie in our arms all of this will just be a distant memory, sometimes Jon and I refer to this as our "Adoption Labor Pains!"

No comments:

Post a Comment