Click Here To Donate

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Compass

Its crazy how fast the days can get away from you! Today is officially our last full day in China! I am so excited to get home, we all miss Addi, Colton, our family and friends so much. These last 3 days, we have been trying to keep ourselves busy so we don't get too stir crazy just sitting in our hotel room! Yesterday Pacey had his US Consulate Appointment, and everything was finalized!! Wooohooo he's officially a Whitacre, and as soon as our plane lands on US soil, he'll be the newest and cutest American citizen! 


Finally everything is finalized and finished! 

These past few days we have kept ourselves busy by taking a lot of walks, enjoying dinners with new friends and fellow adopting families, and getting things ready to head home! Pacey has made a new friend named Tyson. When we walk to dinner, Tyson likes to push Pacey in the stroller. They had so much fun playing together these past few days. We were sad to say goodbye to our new friends last night, as they left for home this morning. 
Buddies!

I've been reflecting so much these past few day's about how God threw us into this journey that we never expected to be on. About how big our God really is and how much he has protected and provided for us throughout this entire journey. And how if we would have said "No" when we felt that nudge from Him to adopt, all we would have missed out on. It could have been so easy to say, no, were not the right couple to do this, its too scary, too many unknowns, so many ways to say no. But we didn't all because we wanted to be obedient to what we were feeling God placed on our hearts. I keep thinking that God had to bring me all the way to China, for me to finally get it...He will always be there for us no matter what. It won't be easy, but as long as I continue to whole heartily follow my God, then everything will be okay. He has shown me so much thought this entire journey, and I just pray that I never forget the lessons He has taught me, and that I never stop learning and growing in Him. 

Sometimes, I still find it hard to believe that Pacey is here in my arms or asleep in the crib next to me.  We looked at his pictures for so long, that it never seemed like this day would finally come. But it has and we are so blessed by this little boy. Before I took on the full time job as a professional grant writer and adoption paperwork filler outer and garage sale organizer....I used to enjoy running. When I would run I would always listen to the same songs. I had a song in my rotation that I put on there for each of my children. And each time it would come on, I would spend that time thinking and praying about either Addi, Colton, or Pacey. 

Pacey's song is Compass by Lady Antebellum. The first time I heard this song, I knew it was my connection to him and for so many reasons. And last night I turned it on and sang it to him during bath time. Some of my favorite lyrics to the song are "We're really not that far apart. So let your heart sweetheart be your compass when your lost. And you should follow it wherever it may go. When its all said and done you can walk instead of run. Cause no matter what you'll never be alone. Never be alone." That part of the song hits me every time. Even when he was in China alone, I was always with him and he was always with me, every minute of every day. The part in the song when it says, "when its all said and done you can walk instead of run." I always have this image of him running someday around our back yard at home, laughing and playing with his brother and sister. We still have a lot of unknowns for him and his legs, but I know God has a perfect plan for him. And no matter the outcome, God made Pacey perfect in His image! "Cause no matter what you'll never be alone. Never be alone." Never again will Pacey have to spend endless hours in a crib by himself. Never again will Pacey have to cry with no one to come to comfort him. Never again will this little boy have to know what it means to be alone. He is a dearly loved son, brother, grandson, cousin, nephew, and friend. And I am honored to be his mommy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment